Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer...

I can't believe it's August already...summer goes by so fast every year. We've had a busy busy summer. Lauren and Jake got engaged, we've visited with LOTS of family, and have made some very good family memories.

Here are some of our summer happenings. My new "thing" for this blog: Less words more pictures. Enjoy!

Chocolate pudding!!
Makenna & Cleo - true love!
Saying "hi" from her swing - she runs all the way around the house to find this!
Looking pretty in the green grass.
Playing out on the water up north
Walking Irvine Park with Daddy
Sprinkler fun with Daddy while Mommy was at a work meeting!
Playing with the neighbor girl - Makenna loves to try to keep up with all of them!
Walking in Daddy's sandals. She can cruise around the entire first floor in them now.
Getting into "girl" trouble
In Makenna's words: "So mom opened up the bag of Chips Ahoy cookies and gave me one. Then we went upstairs and I think she thought that I would forget about them. But I didn't - I LOVE 'cackies'! So when she wasn't looking I opened up the bedroom door, climbed all the way down the stairs by myself, and found me some more 'cackies'. Dad found me like this about 3 minutes later. Mom says I'm a true Cookie Monster!"

**Side note from Mom: Makenna doesn't get to eat cookies all the time and is proficient at climbing up and down the staris - I'm NOT a bad parent! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment